Monday 1 October 2012

Sophia's Chicken Broth and Veggie noodles plus bacon and Eggs - ALL AT ONCE!


Hi everybody how are you today? I'm going to tell you what I made last night. Actually, I made two dishes at the same time. The dishes were Chicken Broth Soup and steamed Bacon and Eggs
 Firstly, I started making the chicken broth. In the steamer basket I put

  • zucchini
  • carrot
  • leek
  • parsley
  • chicken bones from a roast chicken (yum)
Then we added 1200g of water to the Thermomix bowl, and we put it on Varoma, speed 2 for 40 minutes. I should have added some salt!



Then in the mean time I got my little dishes ready. First I wrapped bacon around 4 of the six dishes, (Sam can't eat bacon). Then I cracked an egg into each. Next I got a blow torch and sizzled all around the rim of the bacon.
 I put them in the Varoma and set them on top of the thermomix. While they were cooking I twirled some carrot and parsnip to go into the soup and I cut some cherry tomatoes in half. Sometimes I peeked into the varoma, and it looked like there was cream on top of the eggs.

Then when it was finished, I sprinkled parsley and cheery tomatoes on top. Then I put some grated carrot (grated in the thermomix for lunch) and some sour cream on the side. Then mum tipped the stock ingredients out from the steamer basket, and put the twirly veggies in with some left over chicken and cooked them for 3 minutes at 100 degrees.
The eggs were scrumptious and I loved the soup, (though it did need that salt!) My brother rated the dinner 10/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment